We understand folks can have a wide range of accessibility needs and are mindful of how we create and navigate our space . There are some challenges with our beautiful historic building and we offer the following information to help folks make informed choices about how they interact with the space. Please let us know if you have any questions or accessibility needs that we have not addressed.
- All-gender bathrooms available on main floor
- Mobility aids and higher toilettes available on main floor bathrooms
- There is a short (about 6 steps) stairway at the main entrance of the building
- There is a 36 Inch ramp at the back door of the building
- There are no automatic doors in the building. Counsellors can meet you at the door to assist
- Most Interior door frames are 36 inches
- We can pivot to on-line services and/or cancellations on short notice on days in which snow/ice make it just a bit too much
Neurological Sensitivities and Chronic Pain:
- Generally the space has significant white noise/fan sounds in the background
- Our suite has softer lighting created by multiple lamps allowing us to move or adjust lighting as needed. Please let us know if we need to turn lighting on/off. We do not usually have our overhead lighting on in the interior offices.
- One office offers reclining chairs for bodies that need more support or find comfort in having the legs elevated.
- Unexpectedly experiencing a flare in symptoms such as intense nausea, heightened pain, and physical exhaustion are all good reasons to cancel your appointment at short notice with no charge.
- Sometimes your symptoms may flare and you will feel more comfort and ease switching to an on-line meeting at short notice. We trust your system to know what it needs and are happy to pivot with your needs.
- Folks are welcome to sit on chairs, the floor or stand depending on what your body needs to bring more ease.
- We are sensitive to scents and our hand sanitizer contains peppermint and eucalyptus oils. Please let us know if this is likely to trigger symptoms. One of our team members is allergic to sandalwood and we ask that particular scent be enjoyed at home.
- We love fidgets and you are welcome to borrow ours or bring your own
- Traditional interventions that require internal visualizations can be modified for folks experiencing aphantasia
- Weighted blankets/stuffies available
- Knitting, crocheting, colouring, etc. during sessions is welcome
- To reach our suite, one needs to move through the front lobby. This space can be busy or quiet depending on the day. If you need a quieter entrance, we can meet you at the rear door of the building
Hearing and Visual Needs:
- Unfortunately no team members are able to communicate via American Sign Language.
- It can be a bit of a maze to reach our suite. Please let us know if you need assistance navigating the main parts of the building or uneven surfaces.